Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hey family

Hey guys,

So, I'm sorry you all didn't go to Lake Powell this week. I did think of you. But it sounds like it kind of worked out best for every one that way. But can we please all commit to go next year? Please?

This week was good. I feel like I don't really remember what happened though... just a lot of normal work. I'm sure that is lame for you all to hear, but for me it really was a really normal week. 

I think I told you last week that there are a ton of less-active members that we work with here in this branch. Many of those less-active members are returned missionaries. I get so frustrated talking to them. Most people in Cambodia just don't really get it, and so when they are less active I kind of understand, but the thing is, those people should get it! And they do! But as I've thought about it a lot, I realized something. I think there is a common thought process that is something like "I served a mission, I proved myself, I am good to go." But what I've been thinking about is THAT IS TOTALLY WRONG. For all the obvious reasons. But also I think in reality, the mission isn't the time we prove ourselves. Serving a mission is more like time that we have to become converted and to have experience and to learn and seriously to become converted! And then the rest of our lives is the time we have to prove ourselves. I think some people really misunderstand that. At least a lot of the time I think that is the problem with a lot of these returned missionaries here in Cambodia. They kinda think they have done it already - proved themselves already - but the fact is they are just getting started. If I ever become like that, slap me upside the head. But I promise I will never become like that. I feel like my mission has been such a blessing and has helped me so much. 

I also read a really good talk this week in the November 2011 Conference Ensign. It's called A Time to Prepare, by Elder Ardern. If you have the chance, you should look it up. :)

I'm sorry I really can't think of much to say right now, I'm a little bit out of it getting over being sick. I'll try to do better next week. 

Oh by the way, I will officially be staying in my area with my companion for the rest of my mission. That is only a transfer away. Weird. 

Love you all!

Sister Homer

This girl is grinding rice to get flour, old-fashioned style. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment