Sunday, July 27, 2014

Happy Pioneer Day

Family,

This was a good week, I think we saw some progress with some people! I think I told you last week that we dropped a ton of our investigators in hopes that we would be able to find new people who are prepared to receive this gospel. I think we are already started to see some results!

Sister Ray is now here with us here in SMC 3, so we are in a trio. She is amazing! She is PERFECT for this area. She is just the right amount of pushy when it comes to contacting and it's yielding some results. Also she is a very passionate teacher and she really likes to give hugs to our members and investigators, which is probably what they need. I think she will do wonders here! I'm so excited!

Actually Friday SMC 3 kinda had a miracle day! I wasn't here, I was on exchange in another area, but Sister Ray and Sister Khut were able to meet with some people that we never can ever meet with. And they found some people who might be interested in learning! I think SMC 3 has some good things on the horizon!

So, like I said I went and did exchanges this week. I left my two companions in SMC 3 and I went to serve with Sister Nov and Sister Earl in Tuldompong Ward for a day. Sister Earl is a new missionary. So I was especially watching how the training was going and how she was getting into life here in Cambodia. It was nice to kinda get out of my area for a day and also to kinda have some flashbacks about when I first came to the country. It really doesn't seem that long ago, but for Sister Earl she feels like I've been here forever. I think she is having a similar experience to mine with coming to Cambodia. I was able to give her some suggestions and a few pep talks. I think it was good! 

Also update, I don't know that my new companion from America will be here anytime soon. We'll see. I'm kinda bummed. But I hope she eventually gets here!

I hope you all had a good pioneer day. I am so amazed by the pioneers! How did they do it! How did they have so much faith?! I feel like I am among pioneers in the Church here in Cambodia. They are leading the way for the rest of the country. Some of these members truly have incredible faith and are carrying the weight of the church here on their shoulders. I'm so inspired by them and the pioneers of old. 

Yesterday we had a really neat experience. In the morning before church we went and taught one investigator who hasn't really been progressing very much, and we just meet her once a week. Her name is Cheri Lyn. Her husband was there and we invited him to join in, but he didn't really want to. But the house is about the size of Nana's bedroom so he didn't really have anywhere to go, so he sat and listened anyway. So we taught her about the gospel of Christ and it was really good, the Spirit was so strong. And then at the end we committed her to go to church, and invited her husband too. She told us that their motto just got stolen so they didn't have any way to go. I told her that I wasn't sure what to do about that but that if she would find a way to go to church, I know that she would be blessed. And THEN the husband was like "Why don't we just walk?" So we were like YEAH!!! You should walk! The answer every missionary in Cambodia is dying to hear. And you have to understand, no one walks to church here. No one walks anywhere here. Especially in the middle of the day 1:00 pm. when it is blazing hot. And their house is probably a good 20-30 minute walk from the church. Anyway, so we left and then later at church we didn't see them. But just after the Sacrament they walked in!! We were flabbergasted, for lack of a better word. Seriously, I was so amazed! And they stayed 3 hours and we got the husband getting involved. And that is another cool story in itself. He is a hardcore drinker and has a rough rough story. So, we'll see what happens with them this week!

BUT the worst/funniest thing also happened during that lesson. While we were saying the opening prayer I felt something on my hand, so I look down and I see something big and dark just crawl SUPER fast up my torso and over onto my back. I was still uncertain about what it was and I was not okay. I was whacking myself all over the place but still trying to be reverent because we were praying. I couldn't find it so I stopped, still praying. Next thing I know I hear a massive thing fly right next to my ear. Once again I wasn't quick enough to see it. But by this time I knew. Cockroach. My heart was pounding so fast. I know a bit ago I said I was starting to feel pity for cockroaches. Let me reassure you, those feelings are gone. Anyway, we start teaching, but maybe like 5 minutes into the lesson I see this MASSIVE cockroach crawling all over her house. Like I said, her house isn't that big. So I was still a little on edge but I was trying REALLY hard to focus on our lesson. But of course right when we were talking about the Holy Ghost and the Spirit was so strong this demon cockroach came running right towards sister Ray, so she hopped up screaming and then I was next in line so it was coming right at me. So I hopped up and ran out the door. And then it was crawling all over our investigator. Finally it flew outside. Oh my gosh. It was a nightmare. But like we said, we were able to salvage our lesson and they still went to church! So it didn't sabotage anything too much! Can I just say that I love Utah and it's lack of cockroaches.

Well last but definitely not least is a BIRTHDAY SHOUT OUT TO TERESA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The big 18!!! Woohoo!!! This is your birthday song, it won't be very long!

I love you all!

Sister Homer
 
FHE with the Bishop's family.  We played Minute-to-Win-IT.  Can you stack 5 apples of top of each other?  Cool!

Bishop's family

Trash mountain is really fun in the rain!  Our senior couple are rockstars.  Seriously the world needs more senior couples!!  (But not you, Mom & Dad.  You need to stay at home and take care of me.  :)  I'm only mostly kidding.)

More rain!

And more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment