Sunday, March 16, 2014

Changes

Hey family!

So yes, I did get a new companion, as was expected. You won't even believe this. I am companions with Sister Melton. That really doesn't probably hold very much significance to you, but it does to me. Let me tell you. Sister Melton was in my group in the MTC and we were in the same house our first transfer, and basically without her I WOULD HAVE DIED. So, I am SO HAPPY to have her as my companion! But not only all those things, she is hilarious!!! AND she is a hard worker. We are talking, she and I are going to see miracles this transfer because of the work we are about to put in.

I'm so excited to just hit the pavement and work. You don't even understand. This is so exciting. We are both Sister Training Leaders, so no changes there. This is going to be an awesome transfer. Already it is starting off incredible. Sister Melton and I have had some really cool contacting experiences. We have done some really effective contacting. We found one girl who wants to learn, and she's pretty serious. She will be given to another branch though. We have also talked to a few other people who we will kind of follow up on.

Also, get this. Friday night we are meeting with our recent convert Stephanie. We were helping her prep for her lesson in RS on Sunday. Well, a returned missionary who is so awesome walks in and helps us. And then like 30 minutes later Stephanie's friend just walks in. Non-member. Wants to learn. We taught her a lesson. She is amazing. It was crazy. And we weren't expecting it. So cool!! And the coolest part was that basically we didn't even teach the lesson, the RM did, and she really is amazing. It was incredible!

Also, can I just tell you. I'm serving in such a cool branch. These members are really working to be ready for a Stake and to become a Ward. We had a Ward Council meeting yesterday, and our new Branch President was like just taking care of business. It was so good and it was so real. They know what they are doing. They are making plans. My mind was just blown! Seriously, incredible things are happening!

I was so sad to say goodbye to Sister Mok on Friday. I literally was just in tears saying goodbye to her. She is such an incredible person. I feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to serve with her and know her.

Guess what!! Sister Hartley, who was my MTC companion who I LOVE, just got transferred to Kampong Cham 1st branch. That is MY branch! She is going to be meeting all my wonderful members!!!! I couldn't be more happy about that!

Well, I guess I don't have much today. Sorry! Happy birthday Nick, yesterday!

I love you all!

Sister Homer

This spoon is so long.

This ice cream is so good!

Making these little Cambodia snacks . . .

Me, Sister Mok and Ming White's family.  They are a way solid family in our branch.

The house:  Me, Sister Mok, Sister Kacher & Sister Thain


No comments:

Post a Comment