Sunday, January 19, 2014

Suasdei

Dear Family,

So, I even have time this week but I just don't have a ton to say. I don't know what it is about the city but, I just don't know what to tell you. We spend all our time biking and teaching.

Oh but let me tell you this. Oh, haha, this was crazy! Okay, so last p-day sister Kacher and I both had some warts that we wanted to get removed, so we went to the doctor. Oh my gosh. Let me tell you. Cambodia is like ahead of the US as far as wart removal procedures. This doctor took electricity and then this other metal tool and held it against my skin. Oh but first I got like a ton of numbing shots. You know how I feel about shots. Anyway, and then my warts like ERRUPTED like a volcano. And then they were just...gone. No blister. Just like some skin that needs to heal over. It was crazy. I wish I could explain. It was so cool and so easy!

Also there is this member here in Tuk Tlaa. She is so funny!!! She is older, and she is crazy! But not actually crazy. But maybe a little. Anyway, her name is Om Sailin. And she like thinks she runs everything. She is all the time telling us how to do our job. She is hysterical. I wish I could explain. But she is also really sweet. Long story short one day she was like adament that she didn't want to go to the temple, so of course we thought that was weird, so we went and talked to her. She basically just told us that she isn't good enough. Of course we told her that she really was. But then her conclusion was that she literally just wants to go to the Terrestrial kingdom, and she's certain she'll be happy there. I told her that she actually really wouldn't be as happy there as she was thinking, she was quite surprised by that. But the lessons ended with basically her being like, It's okay, I've already talked to God about it. And if you knew her, you would know that was like the end. But she is like so sweet and so funny and so crazy! Oh these members, I love them! They seriously make Cambodia awesome. I'm going to have my heart ripped in shreds when I have to leave these members.

The other day I was riding my bike and I saw this car that had a white woman driving it and her son was in the passenger seat, and literally my mind said "Mom? What are you doing here?" I was SO confused because it really looked like Mom. It was the weirdest thing! It took me probably a good ten seconds to like figure out what was going on. Haha, hilarious.

Also, Saturday night I was told that I would be speaking Sunday morning in Sacrament meeting in Pochentong about the Plan of Salvation. So, I did some extra studying and prep Saturday night, and I just got so hyper and excited because of how cool the plan of salvation is. Seriously?? It is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the plan of salvation!!!

Honestly, that's kind of all I've got. I still love it here! I'm loving being with Sister Kacher and Sister Mok. I have the best luck with companions! Every single companion I've had has been awesome!
I love you all! Don't forget to share the gospel!

Sister Homer

Fambodia!!! Aka, my MTC group. I LOVE THEM ALL!!! Also can you spot the tanline on my arm? It's super bad, haha yes.

This is blueberry Fanta. This has been Sister Hartley's goal her entire mission. You don't know how hard this is to come by. This is monumental, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment