Sunday, January 26, 2014

hey family

Hey you,

So this was a good week. And I'm going to start off with the best news off all....TRANSFER CALLS!!! I will be staying with Sister Mok in Tuk Tlaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A transfer where nothing is changing! I'm so excited! And sister Kacher is staying in the same house too! We are so excited!! 

Something that has been really awesome about these last few weeks with this trio is that I feel like we are a lot more bold, and I LOVE IT! I don't know why that is but maybe it's just the combination. But it's the best!

So you know, sometimes leeches slither around my bathroom. 

We were visiting this less-active ming and after we'd taught her a lesson and were getting to go, she was like "hey do you want some coffee"... haha, uh. We all were probably really awkward. And then her daughter was like "Mom, that's against the rules!" It was pretty funny. We told her we would review the WoW next time. 

We actually work with a lot of less-active members, and I love it. There is this one lady, her name is Om Fran. She is actually in Pochentong branch. Well she just randomly showed up to church, and Sister Kacher had never seen her come. So we went over there, and she is awesome! She has been a member since 1996. She used to come always, and then a while ago she got really really sick and couldn't go to church, and no one went to visit her, including missionaries or members, for 2 years! So she obviously felt kinda not good about that. Well we don't know what made her came back, but she's back. And she is hilarious! We've gone and taught her twice and she is so funny. She remembers a lot, but we didn't know that. We were teaching her and asking her questions, and then she started asking us a lot of questions, but she remembered A LOT. And then after the lesson she was like, "I really remember all of that, I was just mocking you!" Hahahha! So funny. She wasn't really mocking us, but she was just making us teach her probably just because she wanted someone to teach her. It was out of love. So she is super cool. I love her! I love these people! 

Another awesome experience is with our investigator Ming Savvy. She just fell from heaven. She actually really did just walk into church one day wanting to learn. And she's been coming ever since. Well we were teaching her about tithing and fast offerings. And we taught her and it was good, and then she was just like "I get it. Heavenly Father doesn't want my money. He just wants to see my faith." Yes, yes, you are right. She, needless to say, is awesome! Sometimes there are just really neat experiences on your mission.

Here is another neat experience. So my whole mission I've said that I just want to teach in a big mansion house here just once. Just once. Well, the other day a member in Pochentong was like, "Hey I want you to meet someone, I want them to learn and I want to introduce you." Their house was actually in Tuk Tlaa so we just went right on over there. Well, let me tell you where there was. It was a MANSION!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw was dropped like the whole time. It was crazy. They were so nice and so cool, but not quite ready to learn yet, but we shared a short lesson with them. That was like literally going to a different world for a few minutes. Crazy!

The other day we were teaching another Less-active and her semi-active daughter, and we decided to read a story in 1st Nephi about Faith. Well we were reviewing, "Okay, who is Lehi?" And they were like, "a prophet!" And then we were like okay what else? "A child of God!!" Haha, yep you're right. We just gave up there. It was so funny. These people kill me. 

We went on exchanges this week again. Sister Mok went to Tuulsinkai and Sister Ashcraft came with me and sister Kacher. It was really fun! Kacher and Ashcraft were actually MTC companions, so that was kinda fun!

Something else I'm totally into these days is hypothetical questions. I can't tell you how many things sister Kacher and I have discussed these past weeks. We love hypotheticals. So fun. The one down side is that Cambodians don't really get hypothetical thinking, so Sister Mok doesn't have as fun discussing, but we've been teaching her the ways. There has been much improvement.

Well I guess that's it! I love you all!

Get ready for a ton of pictures!!

Sister Homer
The Trio

Lunch anyone?

The trio on railroad tracks!

A standard house, actually our investigator's house.

Exchange day!  Me, Sister Kacher, Sister Ashcraft.

Isn't this bridge thing nuts! Let me tell you, pushing your bike across it is crazy!



We rode our bikes for over an hour last night to get to this house.  It was CRAZY! And then of course there was the hour ride back.  But it was fun.  And, obviously beautiful when we got there!  And the member was so sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment